FIVE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE ANTONOV AN-225
Can you imagine an aircraft that can airlift 250 tons of cargo? Yes, the ANTONOV AN-225 Myria is known as one of the grant inventions and a legendary aircraft in the world. The airplane Antonov An-225 was designed and manufactured in 1988 with the worlds finest marvel of soviet engineering. Antonov An-225 Mriya is majorly used as a strategic airlift cargo aircraft.
The Antonov An-225 Mriya is:
- Quite expensive to transport items
- First flight was commercial
- Holds many records
- Has a twin tailed design
- Designed to carry Buran spaceplane
This aircraft is capable to airlift single item payload of 189,980 Kilograms or 418,834 pounds along with an airlift total payload of 253,820 Kilograms or 559,577 pounds. The take off and landing of Antonov An-225 Mriya is frequently followed by aircraft enthusiasts and plane spotters. Experts from Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy , Indian Aviation Academy, Minglebox Education India, and Airport Wings Pvt. Ltd., says that this biggest plane always gathers a lot of attention whenever it makes an entry or visit to some place. Here listed some of the striking featured which are unmatched and unbeatable to Antonov An-225 Myria:
- The Antonov An-225 has set over 200 world records that involves airlifting the world’s heaviest and the longest cargo.
- The Antonov An-225 was developed during the Cold War in 1980 to airlift the Buran spacecraft for the Soviet space program.
- Presently there is only one operational An-225 in the world.
- The An-225 is an extension to An-124, a Ruslan freight aircraft. Now, the hull and wingspan are extended by 15m. The An-225 is currently the single commercial freight power-driven by six engines.
- For the last 25 years, the Antonov An-225 has been known as the biggest commercially used freighter in the world. It can airlift 250 tons of cargo.